Family Fun in Indianapolis
Looking for family fun in Indianapolis? Visit the newly renovated Westin Indianapolis where you are in the heart of the city, just steps from the world’s largest children’s museum and plenty of other prime spots for family fun. Spend the day out and about and come back to the downtown Westin hotel to refresh and play in the spacious indoor pool.
Top 10 Places for Family Fun
- Children's Museum of Indianapolis: With 1.3 million visitors annually, 12 permanent galleries and nearly 1 million square feet, it's the world's largest, period. Check out the interactive Dinosphere and enjoy a ride on the fully-restored antique carousel.
- Indianapolis Art Center: Offering classes in woodworking, ceramics, painting, and other mediums, families can learn art techniques while taking home something fun. The ARTSPARK offers 12 acres of outdoor interactive artwork including the Crooked Little House.
- Indianapolis Zoo: From a dolphin in-water program to a shark touch tank, from racing cheetahs to painting with elephants, a jewel for families.
- IMAX Indianapolis Theatre: Who doesn't want to see a flick on a towering three-story screen? Kid-specific movies and exclusive IMAX features are offered year-round at this theater inside the Indiana State Museum.
- Rhythm! Discovery Center: Beat on drums and learn how rhythm and percussion are a part of our daily lives at this museum for kids of all ages.
- Indianapolis Firefighters Museum: Little boys and girls love firetrucks, and this museum is dedicated to the profession via hands-on exhibits.
- Conner Prairie Interactive History Park: Ride a hot air balloon, pet adorable animals, and travel back to the 1800s at this interactive history park on the settlement of the historic William Conner house.
- Victory Field: Visit what Sports Illustrated called America's Best Minor League Ballpark and enjoy breathtaking views of downtown as you cheer on the Indianapolis Indians.
- Go Ape Treetop Adventure: Located in scenic Eagle Creek Park, Go Ape is a unique adventure in the forest canopy for all ages. The course includes rope ladders, net bridges, trapezes, Tarzan swings, and five zip lines.
- Dallara IndyCar Factory: The need for speed isn’t foreign to the city of Indianapolis. Satisfy all of your racing dreams behind the wheel of the racing simulators, experience the thrill of riding in a street-legal IndyCar two-seater with a professional driver, or take a factory tour where you’ll watch skilled technicians handcraft the Dallara IndyCar chassis.